Saturday, August 20, 2016

5. POEM: THE ANCIENT SPIRIT

  Dedications, variations and exercises on poems of famous poets:
The next are poems inspired in  lonely walking contemplation in natural landscapes and dedicated to the two Greek poets G. Seferis and O. Elytis, that are Nobel price winners  and the dictating angels in the sacred text of apocalypses to Saint John (Spring 1999).
This is an inspiration extension and modification of a poem by G. Seferis
THE ANCIENT SPIRIT


She was all light of cloths with shadow
The wind blows
She does not make the difference of anything
She knows everything
Wings of butterfly that dances without butterfly in the flowers
You do not see her even when she is kissing you


She knows the dawn and the evening
She knows the stars
She is not feeding the flesh
She is not a ghost
She is not dead
She has no race
She cannot die.


Every one remembers her
and shall have forgotten her like that
She is not an ancestor
She is stepping with tired shoes
on rotten memories
and flies your beautiful feelings
with large wings


She travels your life in new places
on earth and
even among the stars
It can make the sky, the sea
and the moon
at the evening watch in the beach
feel like a closed temple of shelter


It multiplies the meaning of peoples words
and the causes of peoples actions
It has no proud or humility
decency, shame or lasciviousness
She can delete half of your brain
with an evening sunset


The sleep shall spread her hair
in the hands of the young girls to play
in the temple of your love


The ancient spirit spoke to me
and its voice was sight.
It's words were touching the sun.


With every word it changed
a human face in a human face.
Few faces that I new
even my face,
but mostly many more unknown to me,
men women and children
that have lived , live and shall live
Beautiful faces , living faces.


No one human could claim its words
or its second person interplay.
The spirit lets me choose the meaning


" I am your free time
maybe I am none
 I can be who you want
But now I may  have become your nightmare"

I spoke to it and I said:
I prey for my will be free 
When I do not want to listen to the voices,
then not to hear them,
and when I do not want  to see at the faces,
then not to see them

But it is to you
When you want , and I want too
then to listen to the voices
and when you want , and I want too
then to see at the faces.